Monday, August 15, 2016

Design Wall Monday–August 15, 2015

I just returned from a five day retreat with my Quilters by the Sea quilt guild.  I had a wonderful time sewing, eating, drinking wine but most of all visiting with many old friends.  Ii loved every minute of it and actually got a few things accomplished. 

I finished several quilts by adding binding, made a wallet/clutch, made a baby quilt top and started a hexi project to put on a cushion. 

IMG_2272

The beginning of a large hexi flower that will be the front of a seat cushion.

IMG_2263

This is a quilt that I added the binding to.  I rescued the quilt top from a guild boutique, had it quilted and then I added the binding.  This is possible my very favorite quilt, ever!!!!

IMG_2266

This is a cute little quilt that I made using scraps left over from a prior project.  I finished it by adding a faux flange binding while at retreat.

IMG_2265

IMG_2279

A One Block Wonder that I made a while back but recently completed the top and added the binding at the retreat.  Here’s a picture of the back.  This is the panel I used to make the hexagon blocks.

IMG_2267

Here are some pillow shams that also needed the binding added.  Done and done!

IMG_2268

IMG_2269

Such a cute wallet/clutch/purse.  These patterns are surprisingly easy to make if you follow the step-to-step instructions. 

IMG_2271

This is very hard to see but it’s a really sweet baby quilt that has elephants and geese.  It’s just a top for now but hopefully I’ll get it quilted soon.

Overall, I’d say it was a great, productive retreat.

To see what others have on their design wall, check out Judy’s Patchwork Times blog.

Enjoy,

Signature_thumb[1]

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails