Saturday, September 16, 2017

Books–Real books printed on paper!

Remember back in the old days before we all read e-books on our Kindle or tablet?  Most of us used to ready the old fashioned way when books were printed on real paper.  Although I have lots and lots of books saved on my Kindle app on my iPhone and iPad, I’ve recently become nostalgic and want the feel of holding a book in my hands.  So the last several books I’ve read have been “books”. 

Last night as I was lying in bed (reading my book) I remembered that I used to have several book covers that I had made.  So I got up, opened a drawer on my nightstand and low and behold, there is a book cover I made quite a while ago.

IMG_7792

The only problem is it’s for a traditional paperback size book and what I”m reading right now is the larger size paperback.  So what’s a gal to do?  First I laid there pondering my dilemma, but finally I went back to reading and decided to deal with my problem in the morning.  You see I’m going on vacation soon and I certainly don’t want to be seen with a naked book on the plane. 

So after having my coffee this morning I headed into my sewing room.  What should I do?  I finally decided to keep it simple.  So I measured my book, found some left over 2 1/2” strips and started creating.  Success!!!!!  I now have just the right size book cover.IMG_7786

IMG_7787

IMG_7788

IMG_7789IMG_7790

And finally, the book I’m currently reading. 

IMG_7791

This was a fun, quick and easy project but it’s nice to have accomplished something bright and early on a Saturday morning. 

Thank goodness it’s a fairly long book so hopefully I won’t finish it before I leave on vacation.

Enjoy,

Signature

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love knowing that I'm not alone, blogging into thin air.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts with Thumbnails